Followers

Search

Facebook Fanpage

Sunday, November 3, 2013

[NEWS] 131102 Key shines as a musical actor

SHINee's Key has proven himself to be quite the musical actor. As one fifth of the contemporary boyband, Key has made an impressive resume for himself as an all-rounded idol singer. Fans know him as the Almighty Key, the member who excels in singing, rapping, and dancing. But the triple-threat decided to take his talents a step further by taking part in not just one, but three musicals.
 
7vxMW.jpg
 
In his debut musical, "Catch Me If You Can", Key played protagonist Frank Abagnale Jr. His performances as the intelligent 19-year-old swindler gained attention amongst musical-goers and critics. Many praised him for his ability to capture the tiny details and behavioural patterns of his character. Fans were also delighted to see Key all dressed up in a handsome pilot suit, where he was able to showcase a different image of himself from the usual powerful stages of SHINee.
 
Rt1S67n.jpg
 
Key took to the musical stage once again in, "Bonnie and Clyde". He took on the role of Clyde Barrow with much more maturity and seriousness, as he applied the lessons he had learnt from his previous stint into his new role. During the press conference, Key expressed, "I was always with the other four members. Now I am alone. I think that I can show my talent as much as I want. I will enjoy performing on stage.” Key's determination to improve definitely paid off, as many noticed a great improvement in his acting and singing skills. 
 
“I can speak and dance as I like on stage. The beauty of a musical is that audience members can immediately respond to the actor and smile at him/her.” This statement clearly shows Key's love for the musical stage, and he will be coming back once again as D'Artagnan in the musical adaption of the well-loved French story, "The Three Musketeers".
 
1AXg3PK.jpg
 
In an interview with Starcast, Key revealed his decision on taking on a new role and the challenges he faced during the preparations for his first two musicals.
 
What is your resolution to the musical "The Three Musketeers"? 
The musical ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ gave me an opportunity to think more about how I see a musical and how audience see me. I feel a sense of pressure to think that I should improve more as a musical actor through "The Three Musketeers", but I will enjoy my job as a musical actor because I can find fun from new musicals always. Most of all, I want to talk a lot with the co-stars, Super Junior’s Sungmin and ZE:A’s Hyung-sik, who appeared in ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ with me.
 
What special preparations did you have for musical acting?
I did not have enough time to focus only on the musical. I took time out of my busy schedules to practice and review myself. It did not have enough time since I had to do both domestic and international activities as SHINee. Reviewing myself on the move helped me a lot. I watched the videos of many musicals. Most of all, however, I focused more on correcting my mistakes and reviewing myself on video because I felt strange to see musical actor Key, not singer Key from SHINee. I studied a lot to find what I can do best while emphasizing my own personality.
 
What did you learn as a musical actor?  
I enjoyed the new experience. I do not have much experience yet, but I am ambitious to appear in more musicals. I realized that I should be more humble after working with the other passionate actors and staff members. I always make up my mind to become a master Key who always does his best, but it feels very awkward to talk about something this serious.
 
 
With two successful musicals under his belt, one can only anticipate Key's future performances as a musical actor as he continually strives to be better for each performance.
 
 
 
Source: Naver Starcast
Written by: debsayys @ shineee.net

No comments:

Post a Comment